Monday, April 13, 2009

Better Late than Never

I finally started my basil seeds (about 3 weeks late), my hot pepper seeds (about 4 or 5 weeks late), and the last of my tomatoes (6 weeks late). Oh well. Alicia convinced me that, since we have a long growing season, all is not lost.

On a positive note, I noticed that the little rabbits that have been partaking of my outdoor salad bar seem to have moved on. I scattered some dog hair around the periphery of the garden, and it looks like it's working!!! There IS a benefit to having dogs around! I now have bok choy leaves, mustard greens, and a few other things growing again.

The weather is perfect this week for hardening off your plants: cloudy, some rain, mild temperatures. Then, you'll be in good shape to put them in the ground this weekend (herbs, maybe even peppers and tomatoes?). I'm thinking of putting bean seeds in the ground, too. I might wait a bit longer for cukes and squashes--any thoughts from the peanut gallery on that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment