Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is Gardening "Fun"?

My back aches, my nails are no more, my fingers are dry, my feet hurt,...but I got my compost shoveled in/around the garden and all cool weather crops planted!!!!!! So, maybe I'll look back on today with fond memories when I'm actually eating my hard work. For now, I'm looking forward to an easy dinner and a night of vegging out in front of the TV.... Anyone else out there feel the same way? Isn't it great that we're not actually dependent on these food crops for survival? I'm now thinking that folks who garden to survive probably don't miss TV--they just go to bed as soon as dinner is over.

Rundown of what I planted (this is sufficing for my garden journal)
  • 20-foot row of sugar snaps
  • 20-foot row of snow peas
  • 4 bok choy plants, some seeds as well
  • 4 broccoli plants
  • 3 spinach plants plus some seeds
  • 3 spinach plants (different kind) plus some seeds
  • 3 spinach mustard plants plus some seeds
  • 3 mustard greens plants plus some seeds
  • 4 napa cabbage plants (seeds, too?)
  • 3 lettuce plants plus a TON of seeds.... oops.... we might be eating mesculun for dinner a LOT

See everyone tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment